USB-C or Type-C cables are the most recent advancement in the world of charging. They’re more potent than their predecessors and can power up your phone or laptop at the speed of lightning.
This blog will introduce you to the basics of USB-C cables, their benefits, and how to choose one.
What Is a Type C (USB-C) Cable?
First, USB stands for Universal Serial Bus. Type C cables are the newest and most advanced power supply for laptops and smartphones. They’re also called USB-C cables.
USB-C connectors can be found on many new laptops, tablets, and phones. These connectors are smaller than their predecessors, Type A, and Type B USB ports. They also allow for faster data transfer speeds.
Type C cables are reversible, meaning that you can plug them into a device without having to worry about which way is up. This is especially helpful when you’re in a hurry or don’t have enough light to see which side you need to plug in the cable.
USB-C/Type C cable features
- The type C cable is a small, oval-shaped device that plugs into a USB-C port and supplies power to a device.
- It’s about the same size as a Micro-USB but it’s wider.
- The USB-C has a flappable connector. It means that the connector can be rotated in different directions. This allows the cord to be plugged in on either side of the device.
- It supports USB 3.2 Gen 1x 2 standards.
What Is the Difference Between USB Types? What Is USB-A and How Does It Differ From USB-B or USB-C?
USBs are a standard for connecting peripherals to a computer, and there are three different USB connector versions.
USB-A is the most common type of USB connector and it’s used on all kinds of devices. It has a rectangular shape and the old model has four pins. But the latest 3.0 Gen. has nine pins.
USB-B is a square connector that you can use on some printers and other larger devices.
The USB-C or Type C Cable is an oval-shaped connector that has become more popular in recent years. That’s because it can transmit power as well as data to charge gadgets like smartphones or laptops.
Owning an iPhone? It uses Lightning cables that have an Apple proprietary plug at one end. It means you can only use Lightning cables with the iPhone and not any other device.
Micro USB cables are tiny standard USB versions. You can use them to charge digital cameras, Mp3s, smartphones, and GPS devices.
Is the USB-3.1 the Same As the USB-C Cable?
The USB-C cable powers the new Type-C phones. USB-3.1 is a data transfer protocol that can transfer data at faster speeds than its previous versions: USB-2.0 and USB-3.0.
The two are not the same but they do have some similarities. The USB-3.1 cable is the latest technology and can be used to transfer data via the USB-C connector type and other types of connections.
Is the Type C Cable a Fast Cable?
The USB-C relies on Power Delivery (USB PD) to charge multiple devices faster. This means you can power up several gadgets through a USB connection. You don’t need a different source of power to charge several devices. Also, charging is safer and more efficient.
Here are more benefits of using the Type C cable
The USB-C cable is a universal device that can be used for many different devices. It can charge laptops, tablets, smartphones, and other devices with the USB Type-C connector.
The USB-C plug is reversible, meaning that it can be inserted into a USB-C receptacle either way. This means that you don’t have to worry about orienting your USB-C plug correctly before inserting it into your devices. It’s a user-friendly device.
It’s pretty fast. It has a data transfer rate of 10 Gbps, which is twice as fast as the previous version. It also supports a variety of video modes, audio formats, and power output.
USB-C cables can power anything up to 100W, including laptops, printers, etc. And they provide the fastest video resolution for HDMI and USB displays.
How Do I Know if My Device is Compatible with a Type C Charging?
Type-C cables are compatible with a variety of devices. You can power up iPhones, Android devices, laptops, printers, etc.
To find out if your gadget is compatible with a Type-C charging, you should check the device’s specifications. If it has a USB-C port, then it’ll be compatible with the Type-C cable.
Do You Need USB-C?
It depends. Many giant tech companies, such as Apple, Microsoft, and Google have embraced Type-C cables. And these cables are here to stay. Because of this, the new devices on the market support this form of connectivity. If you own a gadget that has a USB-C port, you need to purchase a Type-C cord.
You’ll also enjoy the following benefits.
- It’s reversible, so you don’t have to worry about which side is up when plugging it in.
- You can use it with any device that has USB-C, such as laptops and tablets.
- The cables are shorter than other cables, which means you can use them in more places, such as on your desk or at the airport.
- They are more durable because they can be bent without breaking.
- You don’t need an adapter for most devices because they come with one.
Can You Use the Type-C Cable for Android Phones?
USB type C is backward compatible with USB 3.1, which makes it much faster than its predecessor (USB 3.0). It can transfer files at speeds of 10Gbps- two times the capacity of a USB 3.0, which only does 5Gbps.
So the answer is yes because a USB Type-C connector will work with USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. However, it’ll be sluggish.
USB Type-C can transfer power much faster than its predecessor, USB 3.0. It can charge smartphones two or three times quicker with speeds of 5AnsAmp.
USB Type-C is becoming more common. It can also transfer power from one device to another. But your gadget must be compatible with the USB-C charging system.
3 Best Type-C Cables
Here are some USB-C cables.
1. WBQ USB C Cable Fast Cable
- 【3.1A Fast Charging and Sync】: 3.1A Fast Charge provides the fastest charging experienceand the transfer speed can reach 40~60MB/S (480Mbps),WBQ USB C Cable Accelerate the speed by delivering 5V/5A safe charging power (89% faster) compared with other cables which provides 5V/5A current
- 【10Ft Extra Long Cable】: The Length of the cable is 10FT, so it's long enough to be convenient to charge your device in bedroom, sofa, office, even when you are on the backseat of the car. Perfect replacements for your original USB cables with superior performance and safer charging
- 【What You Get】 2 Pack 10Ft USB C Cable - Nylon Braided Black. If the product you received is defective, you can exchange it for a new product or refund it. Please contact us in time, we will handle it for you within 24 hours
- 【Compatible With】: USB type c cable Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21, S20, S10 Plus, S9, A32/M62/F62, Galaxy Note 10 Note 9, Note 8, Sony PS5 controller, LG W41 W31 G7 G8, V30, V40 , and new phones galaxy A10e A20 A50 A51 A71 A30s, iPad Pro 2020/2019/2018, OnePlus 8 Pro, 8, 7 Pro, 7, powerful Type C S10 Cord for replacing missing Type C Cord
- 【Tips for Fast Charging】: Google Pixel requires a "private charging protocol" which does not support fast-charging when charging with USB-C to USB-A Cable, Google Pixel supports fast charge if and only if you use the Pixel original C- port wall charger and USB-C to USB-C cable. Nevertheless, you will be able to charge at normal speed using our WBQ USB-C to USB-A Cable and a normal A-port Wall-Charger
The WBQ USB C Cable Fast Cable is compatible with many devices. It is a 10-feet long cable and can be used as an alternative to the original cable that came with the phone.
This type-C cable has a fast charge function which will ensure your phone will get charged faster. It has a nylon braided construction, making it durable and longer than your average cable.
2. Baseus USB 2.0 Fast Charging USB C to USB C Cable
The Baseus USB 2.0 charging cable is a durable and long-lasting cable that can charge your device at a rapid speed. It is designed with zinc alloy and nylon braided, which makes it resistant to wear and tear.
This cable has a length of 6ft. It’s long enough for you to reach the power outlet from any angle or position. It also has a 2-pack, so that you always have an extra one on hand when needed.
3. LISEN Fast Charging Cord Right Angle
The LISEN fast charging cord is a 3-pack of USB C cables that can charge your phone at turbo speeds. They’re 6.6ft long and 90 degrees, perfect for charging your phone while lying down in bed or sitting at a desk.
The right angle connector allows you to plug your cable into your device while it’s on a flat surface, such as a counter or table.
It has been designed to work with the new generation of Type-C devices like the iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S21/20/10/9, and many more devices.
The cable is powered by the latest 3.2 A type of technology. It provides you with high-speed and safe charging.
Frequently Asked Questions About Type-C Cables
What is a C Type cable?
The USB-C connector is a new, small connector for electronic devices. It’s the newest and most versatile connector for charging and syncing your mobile phone or laptop.
Which phones use Type-C cables?
Type-C cables are universal and can be used with most new phones, including Apple products and Android devices.
Is a Type-C cable for the iPhone charger?
Yes, many iPhones chargers are now with USB-C connectors.
Which is better, Type-c and Lightning?
Lightning and Type-C both deliver rapid charging. But Lightning is solely for iPhones and is available at the Apple Store.
Why is USB-C better?
USB-C connectors are reversible. It means that you don’t have to worry about which way the cable goes in, because it will work either way.
Cables are slimmer – they’re more portable and easier to use with smaller devices like smartphones and tablets.
How do I choose a cable?
Consider the voltage. The voltage must match the input of your device. If it does not, then the cable will either not charge, or overcharge your device.
Some cables are universal and can be used on almost any device.
If you are looking for a quick charge, look at 3.0 Quick Charge technology. It lets you charge your phone in less time than traditional cables would take.
What is the difference between a C Type and a normal cable?
A standard USB 2.0 connection provides up to 2.5W of power, which is pretty slow. The USB-C connector supports the latest USB PD standard that delivers up to 100W. This is enough to power up your laptop.
- 9 Best Apple Wireless Chargers - September 5, 2022
- Mac Charger Cord Turns Yellow: Causes and Super Easy Fixes - September 5, 2022
- How To Fix An iPod Not Charging in 7 Effortless Methods - September 5, 2022